Code of Conduct for Students & Parents
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the well-being of all students, parents, staff and volunteers associated with us. To ensure the effective running of our business and to protect all individuals connected with us, it is important that the following Code of Conduct is read, respected and adhered to at all times:
- Participate within the rules and respect all the teachers/staff and their decisions.
- Respect their fellow students.
- Not distract, bully or harass other students during the class.
- Not use bad language.
- Be polite and display good manners at all times.
- Treat all equipment with respect.
- Inform the teacher (before the warm up begins) if they have an injury or illness.
- Wear their uniform/appropriate clothing and footwear for classes.
- Remove all body jewellery
- Wear hair up or in a ballet bun when requested. Grooming is an essential part of dance training.
- Not bring fizzy drinks or chewing onto the premises. They may bring in a sealed drinking bottle, containing water only and have the student’s name on where possible.
- Put litter in the bins provided
- Leave all valuables at home. DN Dance Babies will not be held responsible for the loss of any items.
- Inform the teacher immediately if they begin to feel ill or sustain an injury during the class.
- Finally, we would love for all students to enter the class with a smile and have fun!
- Encourage your child to learn the rules and perform within them.
- Arrive with plenty of time to get your child ready for their class, ensuring they are dressed in the correct uniform and with their hair in a neat ponytail or bun
- If your child is under the age of 12, they must be accompanied by a parent or guardian until their timetabled class begins. DN Academies is not responsible for any student outside their class time.
- Keep the teacher informed if your child is ill or unable to attend classes.
- Endeavour to establish good communications with teachers and staff for the benefit of all.
- Never challenge or threaten a teacher or member of the team. Any concerns must come directly to the school principal, email email@example.com
- Do not raise issues of disagreement publicly.
- Always collect your child promptly at the end of a class.
- Pay all fee’s on time as stated on the invoice. A late fee will be issued if failure to do so, and may risk your child losing their place in the class.
- No refunds will be made if you choose to leave DN Academies mid term.
- No refunds or invoice adjusts will be made for holidays, parties, trips and short illnesses. Make up classes can be booked via the customer portal.
- Students who are absent for a length of time due to injury or illness will be considered a discount.